I love teaching! I have developed several classes and workshops in digital artmaking for comics and games, talks on narrative structure and wellbeing, and core Unity learning in Toronto, Ontario. I have a few classes I have prepped and ready to go! If you run an arts organization/educational facility or just have space in your world to get a bunch of humans together in a place, please reach out! I teach these courses fairly regularly around the Toronto area, at various places but especially at Dames Making Games at the Toronto Media Arts Centre. You can check the events page to see if I have any classes coming up.
- Introduction to Unity
- 3h x 6 weeks – Make a 3D game and a 2D game to learn the basics of Unity and Game Design
- 3h x 3 weeks – Make a simple 3D game that covers the basics of C# and Unity
- 8h x 2 days – Make a simple 3D game that covers the basics of C# and Unity
- Building a Tiny Mystery
- 5h x 1d – Use a simple point-and-click engine in Unity to build a game in Unity. No coding or experience required.
- Migrating to Clip Studio – an introduction
- 3 hours general overview
- 3 hours specific to creating a comic with page management in EX
- 3 hours specific to creating an animation with the timeline
- Make a leather bound traveler’s-style journal!
- 3h x 2 days – First we learn simple hand-stitched book binding, then we carve overs for them out of flesh. (Leather working. Calm down.)
- Self care when working in Creative Media
- ~30min, a very simple presentation on the dangers of working too hard and not eating enough vegetables.
Panels I can participate in:
- Horror media
- Mental health and navigating working in creative media
- Narrative Structures – bending them to your will in ways they weren’t meant to bend